Should I See a Chiropractor?
Chiropractic was founded on wellness principles. In the late 1800s people would see a chiropractor for their overall health and wellness. Nowadays it is well established that corrective chiropractic care is very effective for both chronic and acute pain. However many people still see a chiropractor for general overall health and wellness.
So why should you see a chiropractor? There are several reasons why you should see a chiropractor.
Health and Wellness
Waiting to see a chiropractor until you have pain is like waiting to see a dentist until your tooth hurts. Regular check ups can keep your spine in proper alignment, helping to prevent many common injuries. Regulars check ups can also help with maintaining your overall health and wellness. You don’t need to wait until you are in pain to see a chiropractor. Many patients report improvements in the following areas with corrective chiropractic care:
- Improves mobility and joint function.
- Improves the strength of muscles.
- Decreases likelihood of arthritis.
- Decreases inflammation that occurs with subluxation / spinal misalignment.
- Improves blood circulation throughout the body.
- Shortens the healing process for sickness or injuries.
- Improves the nervous system’s ability to properly send messages to the rest of the body.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Increases energy.
- Improves sleep.
- Decreases mental and physical effects of stress.
- Helps to prevent common illnesses like earaches, the flu, or a cold.
- Can create a smoother delivery for expecting mothers.
- Allows you to think more clearly.
Optimal Posture and Spinal Alignment
Good posture and healthy spinal alignment are an integral part of your overall health and wellness. It is well documented that healthy posture and spinal alignment prevent your spine from accelerated aging (spinal decay and disc decay).
Studies also show that healthy posture and spinal alignment improves your nervous system function. Because your brain communicates with your body through nerve conduction, it is important that this system is functioning properly.
Chronic or Acute Pain
Numerous studies validate that corrective chiropractic care is highly effective for lower back pain, mid back pain, neck pain, headaches, migraines, and even jaw pain. Due to the opioid epidemic, many medical doctors are now referring their patients with chronic and acute pain to their local chiropractor.
Subluxations (Misalignments) of the spine occurs when your vertebrae shift out of alignment due to bodily trauma. Whether that trauma is mental, physical, or environmental, the result can lead to painful or limited mobility and a deteriorating nervous system that is unable to send the proper messages throughout your body. Subluxations also can interfere with your bodies natural ability to heal on it’s own. Chiropractors are trained to evaluate and correct subluxations, helping to restore proper health and function to your spine and nervous system.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!